The new year is heating up and temperatures are cooling down. With the unpredictable weather that Lowcountry winter months bring, you may be wondering –“What is the best thermostat settings for my home comfort system?”
What Should I Set My Thermostat To?
Charleston Heating + Air is here to guide you! We want to keep you and your bank account comfortable. Our team of trained, experienced heating and air professionals will ensure you feel confident about keeping your home cozy without costing you!
The Best Thermostat Settings For Winter
- To maximize your cost savings, try and keep your system around 68 degrees.
- If you’re out of town for a few days, set it at 65 degrees before you leave.
- For the most comfortable temperature, we recommend 71 degrees.
Did you know, for every degree you increase on your thermostat, your furnace has to work over 10-15% harder - this can mean costly utility bills if you’re constantly bumping your system’s temperature up and down.
Some other helpful tips
- Be sure to have your blinds and curtains open during the day to let the sunlight in - you can’t beat the free heat!
- Make sure your ceiling fans are running clockwise. There should be a switch at the base of your fan that you can slide to change the direction of your fan!
- Consider a programmable thermostat. Many homes already have them, but if you’d like to learn more about the benefits of a smart home comfort system, give us a call today!
As your local Trane Comfort Specialist, we’re proud to offer you the best home comfort products on the market. We truly care about your comfort. Contact us online or give us a call today! 843.216.9966